- 1/4 Cup raw cashews
- 1 Cup hot water
- 2 Tbsp. + 2 Tsp. tapioca flour
- 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Boil cashews for 10 minutes until soft. Drain before using.
- Add the cashews the hot water, and all the remaining ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth. It will be very watery.
- Pour into a small sauce pan and heat over medium high heat, while stirring. If you don't have a high powered blender, you may want to pour the liquid through a fine mesh strainer or cheese cloth into the pot, to remove any cashew bits that didn't grind up. This will ensure a smooth cheese texture.
- As you stir it will start forming clumps, and then all of a sudden it will become a cheesy gooey mass of yumminess. This takes about 5 minutes. Continue to cook and stir for an additional 2 minutes to make sure it has firmed up completely.
- Use for anything you like! Scoop up with tortilla chips, dollop onto pizza before baking, make a grilled cheese sandwich, or whatever your hearts desire. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.