Mexican Quinoa Lasagna
- 3 cups nondairy milk
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 5 Tbsp. corn starch
- 1 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp. cumin
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, uncooked
- 1 15 oz. can pinto beans, make a paste in the food processor add a little salsa if you need moisture
- 1 4 oz can chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons hot salsa
- 12 ounces uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 1 cup water
- 1 2.25 oz can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil.
- Add quinoa to boiling water and bring back to a boil then cover and cook over medium heat for 12 minutes.
- (cheese sauce) Whisk all "cheese" ingredients together in a saucepan and heat over medium-high heat until thick, stirring constantly.
- (quinoa)Add to the quinoa, the beans, chilies, taco seasoning and hot salsa and stir a few minutes until well mixed.
- In a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, put a small layer of cheese on the bottom, layer a third of the noodles and quinoa mixture. Pour 1/3 of the cheese sauce and spread. Repeat layers twice.
- Combine mild salsa and water; pour over top. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through.
- Top with olives, onions and tomatoes and wait about 15 min to cool before serving.