We are always looking for recipes that are kid-friendly. The chances of finding something that all three children like is RARE! Had you told me my kids would eat a cabbage tostada and love it, I would have thought you to be crazy! My wife modified another recipe and then changed some things up to come up with this yummy treat. Try this out, I promise you won't miss the meat on your tostada. We just enjoyed this meal with side di
1 small sweet white onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 bag shredded cabbage
3 cups salsa
1 cup water
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp oregano
1 cup frozen corn
1 can black beans
1 can hominy
tostada shells (take regular corn tortillas and bake in oven on 400 for about 20 min)
1. Line pan with water and saute onion and garlic over high heat until onion is translucent.
2. Add spices and mix.
3. Add black beans, hominy, salsa and water and cook about 10 minutes.
4. Add corn and heat thoroughly.
5. Add cabbage and cook to desired consistency (about 5 min).
6. Salt and pepper if desired.
7. Spoon over baked tostadas and ENJOY!!
About the Author
Hello, my name is Todd Coston. This site is a dedicated to my journey on a plant based diet. I'm passionate about the benefits of this diet and share my thoughts, resources and recipes through this site. I would love to hear from you, so drop me a line at email@example.com.
Other Plant Based Blogs/Sites:
Happy Healthy Long Life
Healthy Girl's Kitchen
Rocky Road Run