Boston Baked Beans
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons Braggs Amino Acid
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Tamari
- 3 cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- Cook onion and garlic in a little bit of water until pan is dry and getting brown. Add Braggs Amino Acid and scrape up and stir in the browned part. (The onion will become brown). Cook until the pan is almost dry again.
- Add the ketchup, maple syrup, brown sugar, molasses, Dijon mustard, cider vinegar or wine vinegar and Tamari. Bring to a boil.
- Add the pinto beans. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 min.
(This can be done in the crockpot if you prefer. Mix all ingredients and cook on low 4-5 hours).